A Multi-Generational Getaway, June 25-26, 2017
Grand Hotel, Mackinac Island, Michigan
Creating a memory with your daughter that will last a lifetime!
Connecting with your daughter on a deeper level!
Creating that memory at a one of a kind location!
Connecting that memory to Solid Biblical teaching on becoming a woman of God!
Well…Imagine no more!
I (Laura) would like to personally invite you to Memories on Mackinac – a Mother Daughter Event at Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island! Mothers and Daughters of all ages are invited to this one-of-a-kind event at this one-of-a-kind location June 25-26, 2017 as I host a women’s event where you will make memories on Mackinac.
There is a special bond between a mother and daughter and I and want to help you Celebrate that relationship. From the moment you step off the ferry until the clip clop of the horse drawn carriages fades away, you will be creating fabulous memories that will last a lifetime.
Set at beautiful Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island, Michigan your memory making trip begins with a fabulous reception hosted on the porch of Grand Hotel.
“Dress-up” for dinner at Grand Hotel’s fabulous Salle à Manger. You will feel like a princess during this 5 course dining experience.
After dinner enjoy a fun-filled session that will have you laughing till your sides hurt and shedding tears as we bare our souls over the joys and challenges of this special mother daughter experience.
After breakfast enjoy your choice of breakout sessions for all to attend! Breakout sessions to be announced soon.
Finish your morning with a final combined session where you will laugh together … and perhaps cry a bit, too.
Spend the afternoon at the Hotel pool, riding a bike or a horse or touring the Island. Your Mother Daughter memories will last a lifetime!
Please join us!
Who this event is for?
- Moms of all Ages
- Tweens and older
- Married daughters
Grand Hotel Package includes:
Grand Hotel Room Rate for Memories on Mackinac includes your overnight accommodations, the welcome reception, dinner, and a full breakfast.
Grand Hotel Room Rates*
Hotel room rates are based on the number of adult women staying in the room PLUS the number and age of the children in the same room.
2017 Cost for adults (18 and older):
- Rooms with one adult woman = $315 for the adult plus the cost for any children 17 and under
- Rooms with two adult women (18+) = $195 per adult plus the cost for any children 17 and under
- Rooms with additional adult women (more than two women) receive a discounted rate of $139 per additional adult
- Ex) 4 adult women (18+) = $195 (1st woman) + $195 (2nd woman) + $139 (3rd woman) + $139 (4th woman)
2017 Cost for children (17 and under):
- Rooms with children 9 years and younger = $0 per child with two paying adults at the double rate or one adult at the single rate.
- Rooms with teenage daughters (10-17 yrs old) = $59 per child with two paying adults at the double rate or one adult at the single rate.
Reserving Your Room
Memories on Mackinac Room Grand Hotel Reservation Form will emailed to you with your ticket purchase confirmation. Room reservation form and other event details will be delivered to you by email from “firstname.lastname@example.org.” Please add this email address to your contacts or watch your spam folder. Unsubscribing from emails from “email@example.com” will include unsubscribing from email information that is pertinent to the event.
You will reserve your room directly with Grand Hotel by email, fax or postal mail with a room reservation form provided upon purchase of conference tickets. A discounted room rate is available until 5/25/17, then standard hotel room rates may apply.
Tickets are $49 per person. ($59 per person after May 25, 2017.)
Making Memories at Memories on Mackinac
2:oopm – 4:00pm Selfie Scavenger Hunt (Pick up instructions at registration)
4:oopm – 4:45pm “Your Journey to an Extraordinary Life” presented by Laura Laffoon in the Grand Pavilion
5:30pm Welcome Reception on the East Front Porch
6:30pm Dinner (included for guests staying at Grand Hotel)
9:00pm General Session in the Grand Pavilion
10:30pm Late Night Movie
9:30am Morning breakout sessions
11:00am “Journey On…” presented by Laura Laffoon in the Grand Pavilion
Schedule is subject to change.
Here are a few ideas for activities to add to your excursion and make even more great memories.
- Sunbathe by the Esther Williams Swimming Pool
- Swim in the cool water of the Esther Williams Swimming Pool
- Enjoy the sauna or hot tub near the Esther Williams Swimming Pool
- Relax in a rocker on the front porch
- Visit Grand Hotel’s Fitness Center
- Stop by Grand Hotel’s horse stable, home to twelve horses and open to the public. It is located at Surrey Hills just across from Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory.
- Try your hand at the games in T.Richards Arcade
- Take a stroll through the legendary Grand Hotel gardens
- Shop in Grand Hotel’s lovely stores – don’t miss the Outlet Store located behind The Gate House!
- Rent a bike and tour the island
- Rent a horse and buggy
- Tour the Wings of Mackinac Butterfly Conservatory up-island at Surrey Hills and the Original Mackinac Island Butterfly House & Insect World downtown.
- Shop downtown! Don’t forget to buy some fudge
- Browse The Manoogian Mackinac Art Museum located on Main Street just east of downtown free admission for Grand Hotel guests.
- Enjoy Afternoon Tea in the Grand Hotel Parlor
- Walk to the West Bluff, it’s lined with quaint summer cottages built in the 1880s and 1890s, and it’s the perfect way to enjoy the scenery and sneak in a great workout.
- Play a game of Bocce Ball and Croquet at the Tea Garden and Lawn
*Grand Hotel 2017 Room Rate for Memories on Mackinac is $195.00 plus taxes per person daily. 19.5% hotel added charge and Michigan 6% Sales Tax applies to all charges. There is also a 2% Mackinac Island Assessment charge on the per person daily room. There is a one-time charge of $8.50 per person for transfer of luggage from the dock to the Hotel and return.